Cellulite is the skin dimpling and lumpiness seen on the skin surface of the thighs, buttocks and abdomen of nearly all women. It is due to fatty protrusions into the dermis layer of skin. It causes no physical harm but may cause embarrassment.
Who is at risk of cellulite?
Tha actual cause of cellulite is poorly understood. However, factors that affect the incidence of cellulite include:
- Genetic predisposition
- Hormones - insulin increases fat content
- Gender - cellulite is more common in females compared to males
- Ethnicity - cellulite is more likely to affect Caucasian than Asian women
- Diet - excessive carbohydrate intake may enhance cellulite
- Obesity - cellulite is often more noticeable in those with high body mass index (BMI)
- Weight change - weight gain can accentuate the appearance of cellulite, but weight loss can improve or worsen it
- Lifestyle - prolonged periods of sitting/ standing may worsen cellulite
- Pregnancy - increase in insulin, prolactin and fluid volume may influence cellulite.
Joke and Humors
How 1 to 10